With children’s day just over, I was suddenly left thinking about my childhood (I always did of that glorious time, but now like actually thinking :D ).I miss doing a lot of things I once did like playing pranks, the street games, silly fights, carefree lazy times ,sibling war for trivial things and so on.So I thought I will list down few of my favorite memories of my childhood and I am sure you and I might have few similar cherished memories J and here goes the list :
1. Trolley racing in the super market - This was one thing I looked forward the entire time we went shopping for monthly supplies. I would take my prized responsibility of being the trolley cart pusher ( I really considered it my Batcycle J ) and would just keep whirring away.(I have hit a fair share of shoppers and had my sudden breaks but all of it added to the fun :D)
2. Funny email id – Yeah most of us had a mail id which looks funny or idiotic now when you think of it. I am not going to tell you what mine was let’s just say it has a wannabe tone to it :P and the most common adjectives we used in those mail ids were cool, crazy, princess, rulez, rockz ,shining what not :P Hilarious right ?!
3. I played real games – Yeah we had actually running competitions instead of playing temple run(no offence, I play temple run too :P ) then street cricket, football ,hide and seek (all of which were specifically played in the corridors of my building much to the annoyance of our fellow residents and security guards :D)
4. Happiness of reading a letter –Yes, email was almost getting popular in my childhood but I had wonderful friends who wrote me long 3 to 4 page letters (fully handwritten with stickers and other artistic designs on them :D).Those letters always had a full summary of the recent happenings in my friends life with pictures as well. I still remember the happiness I used to feel when my dad hands me these envelopes and the joy of reading them.
5. Boy cut –I loved my hair that way and had that hairstyle till I was in 6th grade, I guess J .The best part about it was it couldn't get messy and I didn't have to worry about drying it or even combing it ,I just had to shuffle it carelessly with my fingers and I would look presentable in a minute! J(ominous smile )
6. Treated special – Who wouldn't like being treated special ;) ?! And I was lot many times. Being the younger sibling I got extra helpings of tasty sweets and dishes made at home ( I got vegetables and things I didn't like too ,but that’s not the focus here :D ).My grandparents always supported me in my silly whims and I even got away with extra time to watch TV or play in the computer :D.
Yeah there’s actually lot more,but these stood out in my mind and are fond memories that I associate with my childhood.I am sure all of us have such treasured memories and must be having something similar like mine do share them here. These childhood experiences mold us knowingly or unknowingly like how the flow of water creates impressions on the earth.These leave lasting impacts on us.Now I may sound like a person who is obsessed with smiling (sounds freaky rite?) , still I would like to add that people smile back spontaneously to kids with grins on their faces ( Experience speaks .One of my sister’s biggest concern is that I smile constantly at most people around me *sigh*she told me such scary stories to refrain me from smiling :D it just made me smile more and test those stories ;) ) .
So till my next post all of you out there , keep smiling and celebrate being a kid at heart J . Cheers J