Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Glorious Kiddo Days :D

With children’s day just over, I was suddenly left thinking about my childhood (I always did of that glorious time, but now like actually thinking :D ).I miss doing a lot of things I once did like playing pranks, the street games, silly fights, carefree lazy times ,sibling war for trivial things and so on.So I thought I will list down few of my favorite memories of my childhood and I am sure you and I might have few similar cherished memories J and here goes the list :
1.       Trolley racing in the super market  -  This was one thing I looked forward the entire time we went shopping for monthly supplies. I would take my prized responsibility of being the trolley cart pusher ( I really considered it my Batcycle  J ) and would  just keep whirring away.(I have hit a fair share of shoppers and had my sudden breaks but all of it added to the fun :D)

2.       Funny email id – Yeah most of us had a mail id which looks funny or idiotic now when you think of it. I am not going to tell you what mine was let’s just say it has a wannabe tone to it :P and the most common adjectives we used in those mail ids were cool, crazy, princess, rulez, rockz ,shining what not :P Hilarious right ?!
3.       I played real games – Yeah we had actually running competitions instead of playing temple run(no offence, I play temple run too :P ) then street cricket, football ,hide and seek (all of which were specifically played in the corridors of my building much to the  annoyance of  our fellow residents and security guards :D)  
4.       Happiness of reading a letter –Yes, email was almost getting popular in my childhood but I had wonderful friends who wrote me long 3 to 4 page letters (fully handwritten with stickers and other artistic designs on them :D).Those letters always had a full summary of the recent happenings in my friends life with pictures as well. I still remember the happiness I used to feel when my dad hands me these envelopes and the joy of reading them.
5.       Boy cut –I loved my hair that way and had that hairstyle till I was in 6th  grade, I guess  J .The best part about it was it couldn't get messy and I didn't have to worry about drying it or even combing it ,I just had to shuffle it carelessly with my fingers and I would look presentable in a minute! J(ominous smile )
6.     Treated special – Who wouldn't like being treated special ;) ?! And I was lot many times. Being the younger sibling I got extra helpings of tasty sweets and dishes made at home ( I got vegetables and things I didn't like too ,but that’s not the focus here :D ).My grandparents always supported me in my silly whims and I even got away with extra time to watch TV or play in the computer :D.

Yeah there’s actually lot more,but these stood out in my mind and are fond memories that I associate with my childhood.I am sure all of us have such treasured memories and  must be having something similar like mine do share them here. These childhood experiences mold us knowingly or unknowingly like how the flow of water creates impressions on the earth.These leave lasting impacts on us.Now I may sound like a person who is obsessed with smiling (sounds freaky rite?) , still  I would like to add that people smile back spontaneously to kids with grins on their faces  ( Experience speaks .One of my sister’s biggest concern  is that I smile constantly at most people around me *sigh*she told me such scary stories to refrain me from smiling :D it just made me smile more and test those stories ;) )  .

So till my next post all of you out there , keep smiling and celebrate being a kid at heart  J . Cheers J


12 comments:

  1. Great one zuu... My childhood actually flashed before me..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivek :) I am sure you liked the trolley one the best :D

      Delete
  2. the letters and your boycut :D :D. memories memories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I was thinking of our letters when I wrote this :) How thick the envelopes used to be :D

      Delete
  3. good one jiju!!! best part of memories is sharing them :) can imagine you totally the way you had written.....you still have one crazy email id.... zooka.jiju@gmail.com :P thank mythili and me... and yes firstdot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouu Harsh :) Yeah thanks for that crazy mail id ,you have just extended my childhood memories to college as well :P

      Delete
  4. Imagining you inn boycut.... I guess it would be perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, jiju!!!
    Reminiscences to be treasured indeed!!!
    I so agree with u on those sibling "Wars", not "fights"... ;P
    Those fights for T.V. remote, last share of chocolate,getting the window seat in the train n many more!!! ;)
    I can so imagine u running around with a trolley!!
    ROFL!!!
    Keep writing n that by itself would suffice to bring a smile to our faces!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Prady :) I am sure you had even awesome memories :) and Prags will tell me about the sibling wars :P yeah trolley is my fav :) sure and keep reading and giving me feedback :)

      Delete
  6. Haha I can imagine you giggle all the way.
    From jack to jaanji to those lovely hidden eyes. hehe not to forget the tomboy with a naaden penne look. And your screeches exciting everyone around lol. Lovely 2 years. I guess now were just getting old?
    The letter! I still have it :)
    Keep smiling while blogging J ;)
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyoou Rosee :) I still remmber writing the letter :D and I am pretty much a tomboy even now :P .I know these seem a long time ago now na! You too keep that beautiful smile on :) and keep reading ;)

      Delete